Do you have trouble managing variable income and are looking for a way to pay yourself consistently?
Do you dread tax season every year but are ready for this year to be different?
Do you dream of a work-optional future but aren’t sure how to set yourself up for one?
Fully Funded Financial Counseling for Business Owners is for people who are ready to pay themselves consistently, create an actionable plan to save for their future, and turn financial overwhelm into sustainable systems that provide clarity and growth.book a call now
Hi! I’m Jen
I’m so glad you’re here. If you’re self-employed and planning a pregnancy or adoption in the next two years you’ve come to the right place.
I have over 15 years of experience running five different businesses over the course of my career, having worked both as a sole practitioner as well as managing a team of over 60 people. I've trained with the Association for Financial Counseling & Planning Education in financial counseling, and I help clients with a variety of financial projects anywhere from debt management, to creating monthly financial routines, to building their first $100K in assets.
Together we’ll create an actionable plan, so when you hear the good news that you’re pregnant or your baby is on their way, you already have your next steps ready to implement.
Financial Counseling for Business Owners is for you whether you...
- Are your own business and have been wanting to separate your personal and business finances but are unsure how to do it effectively.
- Need a straightforward system to pay quarterly taxes and prepare for tax season every year.
- Want a system to forecast revenue and expenses so you can make informed financial decisions each month.
- Have put off saving for retirement but are ready to start planning for the future.
How Does It Work?
First, we want to identify your financial goals both for your personal life and for your business. I want to learn about your aspirations and the vision you have for your business. I’m here to help you define what’s important to you and create sustainable structures that support your priorities.
Assessing Your Current Financial Landscape
This is all about mapping out a clear picture of your revenue streams. We start by identifying three things: what comes in, what goes out, and what’s left over. In looking at these numbers we can identify areas of potential business growth or areas of your business you’d like to change. Our goal is to create a system that supports both your business and personal aspirations, simultaneously.
Creating an Actionable Financial Plan
This is where we get to put our heads together and collaborate on an actionable plan that covers your short term, intermediate, and long term goals for your business. I’m there to provide education, support, and guidance, and you’re there to make sure that this plan is in alignment with your business’ values and goals.
All meetings with Jenny are held virtually over Zoom.
Session notes, resources, and actions steps provided.
Email access after session for quick questions.
Here's What's Included...
- A comprehensive overview of your business finances and future ambitions
- A customized financial road map with a clear trajectory toward accomplishing your goals
- Creation of actionable steps for you to implement short and long term
- Session notes, resources, templates, and recommendations
- Email support for 30 days for any questions that might come up
- Investment: $497
Topics We Can Cover
- Personal & Business Finance: Organizing and separating your personal and business bank accounts
- Managing Systems: Learning and implementing financial systems such as bookkeeping software
- Revenue Distribution: Deciding how much to pay yourself, how much to put away, and how much to put back into the business
- Basic Tax Education: Teaching you how to plan ahead and save for annual and quarterly taxes
- Retirement Savings: Opening and/or contributing to retirement accounts available to self-employed people
- Forecasting: Managing project or client load based on your capacity and revenue goals
- Variable Income: Implementing a system to enable you to pay yourself a consistent salary, even when your revenue is variable.
what others are saying
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a Financial Counselor?
Financial Counselors are trained professionals who educate clients in sound financial principles. We assist clients in the process of overcoming their financial indebtedness, help clients identify and modify ineffective money management behaviors and guide clients in developing successful strategies to achieve their unique financial goals.
- What is your training and background?
I have trained with and I'm in the process of accreditation with the Association for Financial Counseling & Planning Education (AFCPE®). AFCPE® is the nationally recognized leader in financial counseling, coaching and education. Bringing together research, education and practice, they support the profession through comprehensive training, professional development and high-quality resources to help improve the economic well-being of individuals and families worldwide.
- I’m a business owner but also need help with personal finance. Is this the right program for me?
Yes! We’ll work on both business and personal finance in this program.
- Do you prepare taxes or offer bookkeeping services for business owners?
I do not, but I’m happy to connect you with the right people who do!
- Do you sell any financial products?
Nope! I am a fee-only financial advisor. I don't earn commissions by selling financial products. Clients pay a fee to enlist my services. That way I only work for you, and have your best interest in mind.
- Do you offer sliding scale or discounted rates?
Yes! I offer sliding scale rates for BIPOC, LGBTQIA+ folks, people with disabilities, single parents, and anyone who expresses need. Please email me if you’re interested in working together on a sliding scale.
planning a self-funded parental leave:
Sign Up for My Newsletter
Are you looking to create a strong financial foundation and are ready for guidance on your next steps? We help parents, self-employed people, and W-2 workers just like you with a variety of financial projects like: debt management, student loans, spending and savings plans, separating business and personal expenses, planning a parental leave, savings for retirement, learning about investments, and more.